Friday, August 28, 2015
Everyone is psyched for Odyssey 2015! With the help of many parishioners and other volunteers, the Odyssey will be a great success! As a side note, if you would love to see more great pictures for this year's festival, follow @odysseygreekfest on Instagram!
at 8:51 PM
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Monday, September 1, 2014
1 1/2 cups honey
2 1/2 cups sesame
1. Toast sesame very lightly on medium heat
2. Heat honey on medium until it starts to bubble and the bubbles stack up on each other
3. Add sesame and stir to combine
4. Cook mixture, stirring constantly, on medium/medium-low (depending on the how hot your stove is) for approximately 10 mins or until golden brown. It should smell toasty and nutty
5. Spray 13X9 with Pam and line with parchment paper.
6. Give the mix one more good stir
7. Pour into the prepared pan and spread the mix out evenly (don't worry about it being a little lumpy, it will settle)
8. Cool for about an hour until pastelli is set
9. Cut into desired size & shape and wrap in parchment paper
at 4:32 PM
Join us for the last day of Odyssey 2014! The rain didn't dampen our spirits or our enthusiasm to share our Greek culture. We continue to serve delicious Greek food and offer demonstrations of Greek cooking and dance and a presentation on Greek Orthodoxy. Live Greek music is only until 7:30 pm tonight. Odyssey closes at 8:00 pm with the raffle drawing, but don't delay -- some of the best food sells out early!!
Sunday, August 31, 2014
This morning the Saint Barbara community gathers at 8:30 am for Orthros and 9:30 am for Divine Liturgy. Please join us in prayer and stay afterwards for Odyssey, which begins at noon and stays open until 10 pm. Today's Odyssey schedule is detailed here:
Saturday, August 30, 2014
God blessed the Saint Barbara community with a picture perfect day for Odyssey 2014 opening day. The Odyssey Dancers practiced all summer and debuted their intricate dance steps under gorgeous blue skies yesterday afternoon. Today is another beautiful day for a trip to 480 Racebrook Road in Orange. Odyssey Dancers perform today at 2:00 pm, 4:30 pm and 8:00 pm. Free parking and free admission. Hope to see you there!
Friday, August 29, 2014
The Junior and Intermediate Odyssey Dancers will have their first performance in a few minutes!! Their performance begins at 5:30 outside in the Entertainment area in front of the gazebo. If you miss them, don't worry -- the older Odyssey Dancers will be performing at 9:00 pm tonight!